- Member companies shall only undertake such translation assignments
that they are able to perform to the highest standard of quality
as required by the client.
- Member companies shall maintain the technical capabilities
and work processes required by modern communications and information
- Member companies have a general duty of fair dealing towards
their clients, fellow members, subcontractors and other parties
within the translation industry.
- Member companies shall not make misleading or unsubstantiated
claims in their publications and advertising materials.
- Member companies shall treat as confidential any information
they may obtain in the course of their activity by ensuring
all employees and subcontractors sign a nondisclosure agreement.
- Member companies shall agree on the cost, time, manner of
delivery and terms with the client when an assignment is accepted,
and observe the agreed deadlines. The agreement shall be observed
in a spirit of cooperation and mutual understanding. Should
it not be possible to adhere to the delivery schedule (on
account of force majeure or unpredictable difficulties arising
from the assignment itself), the client must be consulted
concerning a solution or an alternative course of action at
the earliest opportunity.
- Member companies shall promote co-operation with freelance
translators and/or interpreters, encouraging smooth procedures
and good working relations.
- Member companies shall put their contractual relationship
with translators and interpreters in writing, and state their
expectations prior to providing work.
- Member companies shall agree to use professionally skilled,
competent translators and/or interpreters who are qualified
by education, training and experience to carry out the assignment
- Member companies shall make every reasonable effort to check
the accuracy and correctness of the final translation as required
by the client.
- In cases of dispute between clients or translation and interpretation
suppliers and members regarding the quality of service provided,
member companies shall agree to be bound by the decision of
an impartial Arbitration process as to be established by the